Karma is the crystallized blood of fallen demons. Red Hunters use them as a form of currency. Karma is used to unlock new areas, resupply, upgrade equipment, and purchase training. Collecting Karma Shards as they fall from defeated enemies also provides a small amount of instant healing.
Acquiring Karma[edit | edit source]
- Killing enemies gives Karma shards in addition to providing a small amount of healing.
- Unneeded items can be sold to vendors for Karma.
- Items can be transmuted into Karma. Transmutation provides less Karma than selling items to vendors, however it can be done in the field without requiring a trip to town.
- Finally, Karma can be purchased from the shop using real world money.
Karma Uses[edit | edit source]
- Unlocking new area expansions (3 mission set) and raising player levelcap.
- Reviving a collapsed hunter or retrying a mission in the case of mission failure. The cost scales with player level and grows with subsequent deaths in a single mission (resetting on return to village).
- Training in Abilities and Masteries.
- Summoning Spirit Helper Pets.
- Manually controlling mission Threat Level.
- Purchasing Equipment, Consumables, and other services in Yomi Village.